Monday, January 7, 2008

Hello Again

Just me. who else. what a dreary day. when i went out to my car this morning, it smelled of spring. well kinda. really reminded me of when i went to cancun and the smell and feel of mexico. i love that smell adn feeling. wish i could go again real SOON! but here i sit at work munching on some cool flat pretzels (thanks for introducing me to them Julie, they are awesome!) kinda chillin out. it was a ok weekend. got to scrapbook, which was fun! but a downer was when i heard that Jonathan McClard commited suicide. it brings tears to my eyes. i'm not sure why i care soooo much. i didn't know him. He was in Markie's class for a short time in Oak Ridge. I feel for his Mother. i say a prayer for her often. I know her son did wrong. real wrong. but so has others and they got much, much less than him. the boy in the school killings is OUT only having done a few years, and he is in trouble again. and he killed how many people? sure he needed more time in prision, lots more. I am not saying that Jonathan did not deserve ANYTHING, just not 30 years. he was 16 years old. 16. not a adult, i don't care what they say. i'm having a very difficult time putting in words what i feel. as with anything else, i try and put myself in the victims shoes. what if it had been my son/daughter he shot at, how would i feel? i would want him to pay, to repent, to rehab. not die. not 30 years prision. i remember when amanda was shoved against her locker either in jr high, or high school and how i felt. the girl who did it was punished, suspended. i was happy with that. the girl never did anything else. then when amanda hit a girl after the girl kept wanting to fight her and saying 'come on punch me' (off school campus) and she did. amanda felt worse than the girl she punched! i mean, she really did. i know that is so much less than what he did. uuugghhhh. i can't explain it. i will quit for now. i think i will go to my favorite store, simply a dollar for lunch. that will be a highlight! i love that store! and i will let you in on my goodies i got!

No comments: