Thursday, February 14, 2008

whew!

how is everyone? i hope you have warmth! i know alot of the area has been without power. we lost it breifly on tuesday for about 5 hours. Then, thank God it came back on. My parents finally got it last night about 7 and had been without it since monday night/morning about 12am. they have a generator thankfully. my aunt went to their house also. when our power went out we (ok I) panicked (how do you spell that?) i have to have heat. or want it. so we piled up in the f250 and went on our way to Buchheit's. we were on the hunt for a wick for our kerosine heater. me and chloe stayed in the truck and mark and markie went in. they said there were people screaming cause they ran out of kersosine heaters. needless to say, they were out of them. so was walmart. and target. but our wonderful friend tim got on the phone for us while we were aimlessly searching and found that elias hardward has some. so off we went. BUT my wonderful husband didn't know what size we needed. duh. so we bought several. and them things are like 12-13 bucks a piece! then we went and helped amanda and neil clean off her car that she left at the mall overnight. i'm not sure how long it took us. it was covered in inches of ice. but we got it open and started and they made it home. and those wicks we bought. none worked. none in the store either. lol but we got power before we even got home. thankfully. my inlaws, not so lucky. theirs went out tuesday morning early and they got it for a couple hours yesterday and i'm not sure if they still have it. my niece and nephew were staying with them and they came and stayed all night at my house last night. you know, being without a tv is unthinkable. lol. at least to me. my sister in law is stuck in dexter, where she works. man, what a week! thankfully it is suppose to get warmer today. hopefully it all melts and then we'll have the trees to clean up.

so if you've read the small town girls blog, you know i have been busy getting things in order to start a online store. i'm really excited about this. really excited. i want to order things that hobby lobby doesn't carry, or what April, christina, and crystal's store will carry. and i hope to tie it all in to retreats! where i could also bring some of my inventory with me! this tax stuff is alittle confusing, but i think i can muddle thru it! i hope i can do everything i have imagined. i'm really excited. i know with online stores that shipping is a big concern, but i plan on charging a miminal shipping fee. and i hope to have free shipping if you spent a certain amount. also, since i work in cape, i don't have a problem with meeting people certain places with orders! i'm gonna have to see how much this website is gonna cost me. i am finding more and more options. PLEASE if you have or know anyone with any experience, let me know!!!! well my break is over, better get back to work!

No comments: